Well, a very sad thing happened on January 3, 2011. I didn't put in on before I was too sad about it....you see Amber's horse Dundee...well he died. His last day was one of the best/longest days Amber had with him. She lunged him, rode him, and loved him. Towards the end of the day Dad and Amber tied him to a tree with a long rope to teach him "ho" (stop). He was just walking around, then he went a little faster and as he turned it happened... he fell over. The rope got all tangled around his back legs, in seconds Amber was there trying to undo his legs. But by the time she finished it was too late, Dundee was gone!!! Reed ran for the neighbor (a vet) I stood there hoping, praying that Dundee would get up. The neighbors (Dan and Linn) rushed over and, sadly, confirmed that Dundee had died of a heart-attack and was gone in 10 seconds. The only good thing was that it had been quick and painless. We all just stood there not knowing what else to do and wishing that Dundee was still with us. Linn broke the silence and said that Amber should lay his blanket over him and so she did and we parted into our own homes. I've never know a longer and sad night then that. I lay awake listening to Amber (I share a room with her) and wishing I could comfrot her, but no words came. The next day we buried Dundee in our backyard, but first Amber cut a few strands of his tail for keep sake. She braided the strands of hair and sent one to Cybell Lion (Dundee's owner, who was very understanding) and braided one onto her wrist that she wears every day.
Now Amber is'nt the sad type, infact she is the oppisit. She has a very big effect on others too. So when I saw her all sad and depressed I didn't like it. So I set about trying to find some thing to cheer her up. Finally I had an idea. I told Amber and she agreed that it was a good idea and I saw a hint of a smile on her face. Amber e-mailed Cybell Lion and asked her for pictures of Dundee and I gathered up the pictures we had of him. Then I started making a book and still am working on it now. I plan to give one to Amber and one to Cybell Lion.
Here are some pictures of Dundee:















